What better way to start the month of August, than with 5 of our spirits achieving Silver and Bronze certificates in the IWSC (International Wine and Spirit Competition)!
IWSC is a very well-respected competition in the alcohol industry, and achieving a certificate is no easy feat, let alone 5! Alas, we were confident that the expert panel of judges would have good taste and appreciate the delicious gins we have lovingly created, and that they did! After all of our hard work and growth over the years, there’s nothing more rewarding than recognition like this.
The following Harrogate Gins and Downton Abbey Spirits were awarded:
- Premium Harrogate Gin – Awarded Spirit Silver 2020 – scoring 91 out of 100
- Blueberry Harrogate Gin – Awarded Spirit Bronze 2020 – scoring 85 out of 100
- Rhubarb Harrogate Gin – Awarded Spirit Bronze 2020 – scoring 87 out of 100
- Premium Downton Abbey Gin – Awarded Spirit Silver 2020 – scoring 91 out of 100
- Rhubarb Downton Abbey Gin – Awarded Spirit Bronze 2020 – scoring 88 out of 100
A panel of experts carried out a blind tasting of hundreds of spirits, which they then thoroughly discussed as a group. The IWSC judges are all world-renowned experts from across the globe, so their feedback and opinion is extremely valuable! All spirits scoring 90+ as a result of this process, were then re-tasted by the Judging Committee for their final confirmation. With such rigorous tasting, we’re delighted that our two premium gins received 91 out of 100. Otterley marvelous!
Do you fancy carrying out your own tasting and judgement? We don’t blame you… you can shop all of our spirits here: https://www.harrogatetipple.com/